Morocco is a fascinating place with a diverse array of natural beauty, history, and culture. Any time of the year is a terrific time to travel there, but December has its own unique appeal. December is a great month to visit this country because of the moderate weather, lively markets, and seasonal celebrations. There is something for everyone in this land in December, whether you’re an explorer looking for new experiences, a history buff ready to discover historic sites, or a foodie looking to indulge in delectable cuisine. Here are a few of the best things to do in Morocco while you think about what to do in Morocco in December.
Table of Contents
Explore different cities of Morocco in December
- Trip through the Rif mountains: Take a picturesque trip through the Rif Mountains, one of the country’s most outstanding natural attractions. The Rif Mountains provide breathtaking views of the surrounding area and traditional Berber communities. Take a leisurely drive to observe the area’s undulating hills, rich forests, and beautiful valleys.
- Visit the Ourika Valley: This stunning region of Morocco offers a tranquil retreat from the busy metropolis. Explore the region’s beautiful forests, gushing streams, and traditional Berber settlements by going on a guided hike.
- Discover Fes’ Old Town: One of this country’s oldest cities and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Fes‘ Old Town is worth exploring. Explore the historic mosques and palaces, stroll through the twisting lanes, and take in the city’s vivacious spirit.
- Visit the Atlas Mountains: Visit these mountains on a leisurely drive for mesmerizing views of gorgeous scenery. Explore the mountain communities and the area’s traditional way of life by taking a picturesque drive. Enjoy the beauty of the area, wonderful cuisine, and mountain hiking.
- Discover Marrakech: Marrakech is a dynamic city with a wide range of artistic, historical, and cultural attractions. Wander around the crowded souks, indulge in some authentic Moroccan fare, see the beautiful Koutoubia Mosque, and learn about the intriguing city’s long history.
- Discover the Blue City of Chefchaouen: Any visitor to this land must visit the Blue City of Chefchaouen. A photographer’s dream, the city’s blue-washed structures, and cobblestone streets provide a peaceful retreat from the busy cities. Take a tour to learn about the history and culture of the city, or just stroll the streets and take in the beauty.
Visit the Roman Ruins of Volubilis
One of the country’s most fascinating historical monuments is the Roman Ruins of Volubilis. Visitors can now explore the well-preserved mosaics, arches, and columns of this ancient city, which once functioned as a vibrant center of trade and culture. Learn more about Volubilis’ past and get a sense of what life was like for its inhabitants by taking a guided tour.
Enjoy the desert adventure in December
A visit to the Sahara Desert is a must-do on any vacation to this land. By riding a camel to a typical Berber camp and spending the night there beneath the stars, you may discover the mystique of the desert. This is an opportunity of a lifetime that shouldn’t be passed up. It is a must-do activity when you think about what to do in Morocco in December.
Try delicious foods in Morocco in December
- Try typical Moroccan street food: This country is well-known for its delectable street cuisine, which features a variety of flavors and ingredients to try. Try typical foods like kebabs, shawarma, and falafel while taking in the bustling bustle of the markets and street vendors.
- Try classic foods in December: The rich cultural heritage of the nation is reflected in the blend of flavors, spices, and ingredients that make up Moroccan cuisine. Try out some classic foods like tagine, couscous, and pastilla, as well as sweet and savory sweets like baklava and briouats.
Don’t think about what to do in Morocco in December. Just prepare your list of to-do activities in Morocco.
Visit the magnificent structures and places of Morocco in December
- Visit the Hassan Tower: It represents the country’s rich history and cultural heritage and is one of the country’s most recognizable attractions. Visitors can now climb to the top of the tower, which was formerly a portion of a magnificent mosque that was never finished, for amazing views over Rabat.
- Discover the Essaouira Citadel: This magnificent stronghold provides a window into the country’s illustrious past and military tradition. Discover the ramparts, towers, and battlements of the citadel while taking in breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and the surrounding area.
- Visit the Royal Palace of Rabat: The Royal Palace of Rabat is one of the country’s most significant structures and a representation of the history and culture of the nation. Visit the palace’s stunning architecture, elaborate furnishings, and lush grounds by taking a guided tour.
- Visit the Toubkal National Park: It offers breathtaking views of the Atlas Mountains and the surrounding farmland. This is one of this country’s most attractive natural attractions. Explore the park on a guided hike, or just unwind in the serene setting.
- Visit the Casablanca Cathedral: It is one of the most well-known structures in all of this country. This majestic building provides a window into the long history and religious traditions of the nation. Learn more about the cathedral and its role in Moroccan culture by taking a guided tour.
So, stop worrying about what to do in Morocco in December. Just plan your trip here.
Participate in Moroccan ceremonies in December
- Experience a traditional Moroccan wedding: Visitors are frequently invited to Moroccan weddings that take place in December. This is a one-of-a-kind chance to observe the nation’s customs and holidays and to enjoy the hospitality of the Moroccan people.
- Take part in a traditional Moroccan tea ceremony: Take part to learn about the culture of the nation and to experience the warmth of the people. While viewing the breathtaking vistas, sip on a cup of mint tea brewed with freshly plucked leaves and presented in vintage Moroccan glasses.
Enjoy a traditional spa treatment in Morocco
The hammam is one of the country’s most well-known traditional spa treatments. After a calming soak in a steaming bath, treat yourself to an energizing scrub and massage. Following a strenuous day of exploration, this is the ideal way to unwind.
Hot air balloon flight
Take a hot air balloon flight over this country’s breathtaking landscapes to experience the nation from a completely different angle. You’ll be able to observe the stunning scenery from the air.
Enjoy a night in a traditional riad
A riad is a traditional Moroccan residence that is frequently located in the center of cities. Enjoy a night there. Staying in a riad will allow you to enjoy the lavish comfort and authentic charm of a Moroccan home as well as the tranquil courtyards and elaborate furnishings of these special homes.
Finally, Morocco in December is a wonderful location with something to offer everyone. You can find everything you’re looking for in this intriguing country, whether it’s relaxation, culture, or adventure. Therefore, plan your vacation immediately to enjoy this country’s beauty and mystery this December!