Morocco is a beautiful country with a rich culture and a diverse landscape that offers something for everyone. From stunning beaches to ancient Medinas, there are many reasons why families choose the best holiday destinations in Morocco. However, finding family-friendly accommodation in Morocco can be a daunting task, especially for first-time visitors.
When you think about where to stay in Morocco with family, there are many Family-friendly accommodations available in different forms, from luxurious hotels to budget-friendly guesthouses. The key is to look for accommodations that offer amenities and services that cater to families with children. Some of the most important things to consider when choosing family-friendly accommodation in Morocco are location, safety, and facilities.
Many of the best family-friendly accommodations in Morocco are located in the major cities and tourist destinations, such as Marrakech, Casablanca, and Agadir. These areas offer a range of options, including hotels with pools, playgrounds, and family suites that can accommodate multiple people. Staying in the heart of the city also means easy access to restaurants, shops, and attractions.
Safety is also a top priority when traveling with children, so it’s important to choose accommodations that have security measures in place. Many hotels in Morocco have 24-hour security, gated entrances, and CCTV cameras to ensure the safety of their guests.
Finally, when it comes to facilities, family-friendly accommodations in Morocco should offer a range of amenities that cater to children’s needs. This can include things like kid’s clubs, babysitting services, and children’s menus at on-site restaurants. Some hotels also offer activities for kids, such as arts and crafts, cooking classes, and outdoor sports.
Table of Contents
Best Areas to Stay in Morocco with Family
Morocco is a wonderful destination for families looking to explore a new culture and has some fun in the sun. When planning a trip to Morocco with your family, it’s important to choose where to stay in Morocco with family, as this can make a big difference in your overall experience. Here are some of the best areas to stay in Morocco with your family:
- Marrakech is a popular destination for families, with its bustling medina, beautiful gardens, and family-friendly attractions like the Jardin Majorelle and the Koutoubia Mosque. There are many hotels and riads in Marrakech that offer family-friendly amenities like pools and babysitting services.
- Agadir is a beach resort town on Morocco’s Atlantic coast, known for its beautiful beaches and laid-back atmosphere. Families can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and water sports, as well as a variety of family-friendly attractions like the Agadir Crocodile Park and the La Medina d’Agadir.
- Essaouira is a charming seaside town that is perfect for families looking for a more relaxed pace. The town’s beautiful beaches, historic medina, and family-friendly attractions like the Essaouira Beach and the Essaouira Citadel make it a great destination for families with children of all ages.
- Casablanca is Morocco’s largest city and a great destination for families looking for a mix of culture, history, and modern amenities. The city has many family-friendly attractions like the Hassan II Mosque and the Museum of Moroccan Judaism, as well as a range of hotels and restaurants that cater to families.
- Fes is Morocco’s cultural and spiritual capital, known for its beautiful medina and historic architecture. While it can be a bit overwhelming for families with young children, older children and teenagers will appreciate the city’s unique atmosphere and opportunities for cultural immersion.
Budget-friendly Accommodations for Families in Morocco
Morocco is a nation renowned for its rich culture, stunning scenery, and magnificent lodgings. There are several possibilities accessible if you’re organizing a family vacation to Morocco and want a little bit of luxury. Here are a few of the top family-friendly hotels in Morocco:
- Guesthouses – Guesthouses are a great budget-friendly option for families in Morocco. Many guesthouses offer family rooms or apartments that can accommodate multiple people. They also often provide a more authentic Moroccan experience than larger hotels, with friendly hosts and home-cooked meals.
- Hostels – Hostels are a popular option for budget-conscious travelers in Morocco. While they are often associated with backpackers and solo travelers, many hostels offer private rooms or dorms that are suitable for families. They also often have communal areas where families can meet other travelers and share tips and advice.
- Riads – Riads are traditional Moroccan houses that have been converted into guesthouses. They are often located in the heart of the medina, providing a unique and authentic experience for families. While some riads can be quite expensive, there are also many budget-friendly options available.
- Camping – Morocco has many beautiful campsites that offer an affordable and unique accommodation option for families. From the Sahara Desert to the Atlas Mountains, there are many opportunities for camping and outdoor adventure in Morocco. Some campsites also offer amenities like swimming pools and restaurants.
- Apartments – Renting an apartment can be a great budget-friendly option for families in Morocco, especially if you are planning to stay for an extended period of time. Apartments offer more space and privacy than hotels, as well as the ability to cook your own meals and save money on dining out.
Luxury Accommodations for Families in Morocco
Morocco is a country that is known for its rich culture, beautiful landscapes, and luxury accommodations. If you’re wondering where to go to Morocco with family and are looking for a bit of luxury, there are many options available. Here are some luxury accommodations for families in Morocco:
- Luxury Villas – There are many luxury villas available for rent in Morocco, offering families the ultimate in privacy, comfort, and style. These villas often come with private pools, gardens, and outdoor spaces, as well as amenities like housekeeping and private chefs.
- 5-Star Hotels – Morocco has many 5-star hotels that cater to families, offering luxurious accommodations, world-class amenities, and stunning views. These hotels often have large suites or interconnected rooms that are perfect for families traveling together.
- Riads – Riads are traditional Moroccan houses that have been converted into guesthouses, offering a unique and luxurious experience for families. Many riads have been beautifully restored, with stunning architecture, intricate tile work, and ornate carvings.
- Luxury Tents – For families who want to experience the beauty of the Moroccan desert, luxury tented camps offer a unique and luxurious accommodation option. These camps often have spacious tents with comfortable beds and en-suite bathrooms, as well as communal areas where families can relax and enjoy the stunning scenery.
- Private Tours – For families who want to experience Morocco in style, private tours can provide a luxurious and customized experience. These tours often include private transportation, expert guides, and exclusive access to cultural sites and attractions.
Where to stay in Morocco with family? Unique Accommodations
If you’re planning a family vacation to Morocco and want a truly unique and memorable experience, there are many unusual and offbeat accommodations available. Here are some unique accommodations for families in Morocco:
- Kasbahs – Kasbahs are traditional Moroccan fortresses or palaces, often located in remote and stunningly beautiful locations. Some of these kasbahs have been converted into guesthouses, offering families a unique and authentic experience of Moroccan culture and history.
- Eco-lodges – Morocco has many eco-lodges that offer families a sustainable and environmentally-friendly accommodation option. These lodges often have a focus on nature and outdoor activities, with opportunities for hiking, birdwatching, and other adventures.
- Cave Dwellings – In the town of Bhalil, families can stay in unique cave dwellings, carved into the hillsides and offering a cool and comfortable retreat from the heat of the day. These cave dwellings often come with traditional furnishings and decor, providing a glimpse into Moroccan history and culture.
- Glamping – Morocco has many glamping options available, from luxury tents in the desert to safari-style lodges in the Atlas Mountains. Glamping offers families a unique and comfortable camping experience, with all the amenities of a hotel or resort.
- Floating Houses – In the picturesque fishing village of Essaouira, families can stay in floating houses, perched on stilts above the ocean. These unique and quirky accommodations provide a one-of-a-kind experience, with stunning views and easy access to the beach and town.
Final Thoughts: Making the Most of Your Family Vacation in Morocco
Families can find a wide range of options for adventure, relaxation, and cultural exploration in the lovely and unique nation of Morocco. Morocco has options for everyone, whether you’re seeking for luxurious villas, unusual activities, or classic tourist destinations.
To make the most of your family vacation in Morocco, it’s important to plan ahead and research your options. Consider your budget, your family’s interests, and your travel style, and choose accommodations and activities that suit your needs.
Some tips for making the most of your family vacation in Morocco include:
- Explore the local markets and souks – Morocco is famous for its markets and souks, where you can find everything from spices and textiles to jewelry and ceramics. Exploring these markets is a great way to experience Moroccan culture and pick up some unique souvenirs.
- Try the local cuisine – Moroccan cuisine is flavorful and diverse, with influences from North Africa, the Middle East, and Europe. Don’t miss the chance to try traditional dishes like tagine, couscous, and harira, as well as local specialties like pastilla and mechoui.
- Experience the desert – Morocco’s desert landscape is unlike anything else in the world, with stunning sand dunes and spectacular sunsets. Consider a desert tour or camel trek to experience this unique environment.
- Visit the historic cities – Morocco has many historic cities, including Marrakech, Fez, and Casablanca, each with its own unique charm and attractions. Don’t miss the chance to explore the medinas, visit the mosques and palaces, and learn about the history and culture of these fascinating cities.
Take advantage of family-friendly accommodations and activities – Whether you’re traveling with young children or teenagers, there are many family-friendly accommodations and activities available in Morocco. Contact us to consider options like adventure tours, beach resorts, and cultural experiences that are tailored to families.